Video Visits for Your Convenience
UT Health East Texas providers are excited to offer both video visits on demand and by appointment to individuals age 18 and older. Video visits are a great alternative to making a trip to our office – we bring our office to you! Connect with a provider from virtually anywhere using a computer or mobile device. It is easy, secure and convenient.
Video visits are not intended for emergencies. Please call 911 or go to an emergency room if you have an emergent health concern.
On-Demand Video Visits – See a Provider Now
When you’re sick and it’s urgent, waiting for an appointment or traveling to a clinic can be a pain. That’s why on-demand video visits with UT Health East Texas providers help you get the care you need, quickly.
Our providers can treat a variety of common conditions through on-demand video visits, such as:
- Seasonal allergies
- Minor injuries
- Eye irritation
- Stomach aches
- Colds & coughs
- Sinus infections
- UTIs & bladder infections
- Vaginal discharge/irritation
- Non-severe COVID-19 symptoms
- Rashes & skin conditions
- Sore throats
Hours of operation
- Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CDT
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CDT
- Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. CDT
How it works
On-demand video visits are similar to an urgent care, only virtual. Wherever you are, you can see a UT Health East Texas provider within about 30 minutes (wait times may vary depending on volume).
- Click the See a Provider Now button.
- Ensure you have strong internet connection.
- Complete the information required. After submitting your information, you will receive a notification via email or text providing next steps. Please expect at least 30 minutes for a provider to join the visit.
On-demand video visits are billed to the health insurance provider that is on file for you. Based on your plan, you may be billed for costs that they do not cover.
Video Visits by Appointment
Video visits by appointment are available for anyone scheduling with a UT Health East Texas primary care provider or specialist for routine annual exams, physicals, checkups and more. It’s just like a regular doctor’s appointment but from the comfort of home.
How to Schedule a Video Visit
Patients with a MyChart Account
- Log in to your UT Health East Texas MyChart account.
- Go to Menu > Schedule an Appointment.
- Under the “Schedule with a specific provider” section, click on the provider you would like to see, and select Video Visit on the appointment type.
New Patients or Patients Who Do Not Have a MyChart Account
- Visit our primary care provider pages and click on the provider you would like to see.
- Click the New Patient button under online scheduling
- If it is primary care provider, select your insurance, click the Video Visit button and fill out the remaining information.
- If it is a specialist, complete the appointment request form and indicate that you would like a video visit in the comment box. Our office will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Video visits by appointment are billed to the health insurance provider that is on file for you. Based on your plan, you may be billed for costs that they do not cover.