When it comes to safety and health in the workplace, occupational health protects the well-being of employees. By offering clinical and on-site employer services, we help prevent workplace and environmental hazards. Our goal is to provide information and resources to prevent occupational and environmental diseases, injuries, and illnesses. But when accidents and illnesses happen, we are dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients who are hurt on the job.
As a member of the Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics, our Occupational Health Clinic promotes research, education, prevention, and treatment involving occupational and environmental diseases. To make an appointment, call either location listed below.
UT Health North Campus Tyler - Occupational Medicine Clinic at 903-877-7930.
UT Health East Texas Physicians Tyler - Occupational Medicine at 903-877-5400.
Services We Commonly Provide
- Preplacement examinations
- Medical surveillance (benzene, asbestos, lead, hazardous materials, etc)
- Periodic health assessments
- Urine drug screening with certified Medical Review Officer
- Department of Transportation (DOT) exams
- Certified B-reading capability
- Respirator clearance exams
- Breath alcohol testing
- Insurance physicals
- Post injury evaluation
- Pure tone audiometry (meeting OSHA standards)
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) certified technicians
- DOT drug screen collections
- DOT breath alcohol testing
- Respirator clearance evaluations and respirator fit testing
- TB surveillance and monitoring
- Chest x-ray
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Ishihara color vision testing
- Plant walk-through
- Ergonomics assessment
- Industrial hazard evaluation
- Assistance with regulatory compliance
- Bloodborne pathogens