Easy Enrollment by phone or on the web
Call 1-800-642-JOIN (5646) to talk to a customer service representative.
Customer service representatives are available Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
or click on the link below, use the activation code “UTEMS”.
The UT Health East Texas EMS membership difference:
- Pays for all medically necessary ambulance transports this is not covered by health insurance.
- 50% coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members without health insurance.
- Large coverage area -- all of Henderson County, most of Smith, Cherokee and Wood Counties and the City of Henderson.
- It includes coverage for medically necessary* transports to and from hospitals in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Lufkin.
- Coverage for all qualified members of your household (you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence who are younger than age 21 or 25 if in college).
- UT Health East Texas EMS is the only accredited ambulance service in East Texas by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS).
- Our communication dispatch center is an International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) Accredited Center of Excellence (ACE), one of only nine accredited communication centers in Texas.
- For the fifth year in a row, UT Health EMS earned the American Heart Association's Mission:Lifeline EMS Gold Plus Award for implementing quality improvement measures for the treatment of patients who experience servere heart attacks.
- For the safety of our patients and crews, UT Health EMS crews wear personal protective equipment (PPE) on all calls, and ambulances are disinfected between transports according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Not included is transportation to or from physicians’ offices, pharmacies, physical therapy centers, dentists’ offices or facilities outside the service area.
$60/ year for a UT Health East Texas EMS membership
Your UT Health East Texas EMS membership protects you from out-of-pocket expenses. It prepays any portion of the ambulance transport charges not covered by insurance or Medicare.
A low annual fee covers you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence (those younger than age 21 or 25 if in college) for medically necessary* transports by UT Health East Texas EMS ambulances.
Peace of mind if you need emergency ground transport
Medical emergencies are stressful and bring unplanned expenses. But UT Health East Texas EMS membership gives you peace of mind: In a time of crisis, you won’t have the added worry of another big bill.
All it takes is a low annual fee – now payable online, so your protection begins at once – and you may pay by check, money order or credit card.
In many cities, an installment plan is available, in which the fee is paid through monthly water bills. If you pay in this manner, please note that you are making a one-year commitment and the fee must be paid each month for your membership to be valid.
Once you sign up, you’re enrolled electronically. There’s no card to carry or show when you need UT Health East Texas EMS services. Another convenience of UT Health East Texas EMS!
* “Medically necessary” is defined as specific need of ambulance transportation to or from a healthcare facility (hospital, nursing home) within the UT Health East Texas EMS primary service area where use of alternative forms of transportation (wheelchair transports, private car, taxi) would be medically inappropriate given the patient’s condition. UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to require physician certification of medical necessity for all non-emergencies. If abuse is found to exist, UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to terminate membership.