Only $60/year for your household
Your UT Health East Texas EMS membership protects you from out-of-pocket expenses. It prepays any portion of the ambulance transport charges not covered by insurance or Medicare.
A low annual fee covers you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence (those younger than age 21 or 25 if in college) for medically necessary* transports by UT Health East Texas EMS ambulances.
Easy enrollment by phone, online or by mail.
For information regarding the membership program, call 1-800-642-JOIN (5646) to talk to a customer service representative. Customer service representatives are available Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To enroll online, click on the button below.
You'll be directed to a secure payment platform to complete your enrollment.
To enroll by mail, download the UT Health East Texas EMS enrollment form. Please mail the signed, completed form along with payment to:UT Health East Texas EMS,
P.O. Box 6968
Tyler, TX 75711
The UT Health East Texas EMS membership difference:
- Pays for all medically necessary ambulance transports that is not covered by health insurance.
- 50% coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members without health insurance.
- Large coverage area -- all of Henderson and Panola Counties, most of Smith, Cherokee and Wood Counties and the City of Henderson.
- It includes coverage for medically necessary* transports to and from hospitals in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Lufkin.
- Coverage for all qualified members of your household (you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence who are younger than age 21 or 25 if in college).
- UT Health East Texas EMS is an accredited ambulance service by the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services.
- Our communication dispatch center is an International Academies of Emergency Dispatch® (IAED™) Accredited Center of Excellence (ACE), one of only eight accredited communication centers in Texas
- For six years, UT Health East Texas EMS has earned the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline EMS Gold Plus Award for implementing quality improvement measures for the treatment of patients who experience severe heart attacks.
Not included is transportation to or from physicians’ offices, pharmacies, physical therapy centers, dentists’ offices or facilities outside the service area. Transports covered include only those conducted by UT Health East Texas EMS. This is not insurance or a supplement.
Peace of mind if you need emergency ground transport
Medical emergencies are stressful and bring unplanned expenses. But UT Health East Texas EMS membership gives you peace of mind: In a time of crisis, you won’t have the added worry of another big bill.
All it takes is a low annual fee – now payable online, so your protection begins at once – and you may pay by check, money order or credit card.
In many cities, an installment plan is available, in which the fee is paid through monthly water bills. If you pay in this manner, please note that you are making a one-year commitment and the fee must be paid each month for your membership to be valid.
Once you sign up, you’re enrolled electronically. There’s no card to carry or show when you need UT Health East Texas EMS services. Another convenience of UT Health East Texas EMS!
* “Medically necessary” is defined as specific need of ambulance transportation to or from a healthcare facility (hospital, nursing home) within the UT Health East Texas EMS primary service area where use of alternative forms of transportation (wheelchair transports, private car, taxi) would be medically inappropriate given the patient’s condition. UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to require physician certification of medical necessity for all non-emergencies. If abuse is found to exist, UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to terminate membership.
* By my application and payment of the annual fee, I represent that I am not enrolled in Medicaid or any Medicaid health plan. If my Medicaid status changes, I agree to notify UTHEMS in writing. No Medicaid enrollee will be charged for the annual UTH EMS annual fee and any amount paid prior to enrollment will be prorated and returned to the member.