Membership in UT Health East Texas EMS protects you and your family
A low annual fee covers you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence (those younger than age 21 or 25 if in college) for medically necessary* transports by UT Health East Texas EMS ambulances
$50 fee for renewal membership Aug. 1 – Aug. 31
$60 fee for a new membership
Your UT Health East Texas EMS membership protects you from out-of-pocket expenses. It prepays any portion of the ambulance transport charges not covered by insurance or Medicare.
Click on the link below, enter the activation code “UTEMS” and follow the enrollment instructions.
Benefits of membership in UT Health East Texas EMS
- Full coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members with health insurance.
- Fifty percent coverage of billed emergency transport charges for members without health insurance.
- Coverage of the portion not reimbursed by insurance for medically necessary* non-emergency transportation to or from a hospital or nursing home, including any coinsurance and deductible.
- Coverage for all qualified members of your household (you, your spouse and your dependent children living in your residence who are younger than age 21 or 25 if in college).
Not included is transportation to or from physicians’ offices, pharmacies, physical therapy centers, dentists’ offices or facilities outside the service area.
Count on the one that covers East Texas
UT Health East Texas EMS covers all of Henderson County, most of Smith County and parts of Cherokee, Wood counties and the city of Henderson. It includes coverage for medically necessary* transports to and from hospitals in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Lufkin.
Peace of mind if you need emergency transport
Medical emergencies are stressful and bring unplanned expenses. But UT Health East Texas EMS membership gives you peace of mind: In a time of crisis, you won’t have the added worry of another big bill.
All it takes is a low annual fee – now payable online, so your protection begins at once – and you may pay by check, money order or credit card.
In many cities, an installment plan is available, in which the fee is paid through monthly water bills. If you pay in this manner, please note that you are making a one-year commitment and the fee must be paid each month for your membership to be valid.
Once you sign up, you’re enrolled electronically. There’s no card to carry or show when you need UT Health East Texas EMS services. Another convenience of UT Health East Texas EMS!
How to sign up for UT Health East Texas EMS membership Call 1-800-642-JOIN (5646).
* “Medically necessary” is defined as specific need of ambulance transportation to or from a healthcare facility (hospital, nursing home) within the UT Health East Texas EMS primary service area where use of alternative forms of transportation (wheelchair transports, private car, taxi) would be medically inappropriate given the patient’s condition. UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to require physician certification of medical necessity for all non-emergencies. If abuse is found to exist, UT Health East Texas EMS reserves the right to terminate membership.