In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UT Health East Texas has developed and implemented protocols and practices to protect the well-being of our patients, our caregivers and our communities. Many patients’ surgeries and procedures were delayed as a result of the government order to shutdown elective cases. That order expires this week, and we will return to providing the important diagnostic and curative surgeries and procedures our patients need. Our entire team will prioritize safety as always, and is prepared and ready to serve our purpose of taking care of our patients, their families and each other.
To protect the safety of our patients and caregivers, we are following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines as well as state and local government orders.
- We are committed to providing continuity of care, and will assess care needs with individual patients. We will provide our best care guidance while balancing the risks of community COVID-19 spread.
- If you have symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, you will be required to reschedule your appointment, surgery or procedure. You will be asked these and other screening questions before entering our clinics.
- We are limiting visitors to only one person. Once the patient leaves the pre-op area the visitor must leave the facility or wait in the waiting room, which has been set up to ensure proper social distancing.
- All visitors must go through COVID-19 screening questions and have a temperature check before entering/re-entering all facilities.
- We continue proper distancing, hand sanitizing, masks and additional cleaning measures at our facilities. All patients and visitors are required to participate.
- We are monitoring the health of all our employees daily.
- COVID-19 and potential COVID-19 patients are isolated in a separate area of our facilities as well as the caregivers that serve these patients. In the event one of these patients needs a procedure, x-ray, etc. we have procedures in place to mitigate the spread of the disease and keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take these extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible for all who visit and work at our hospitals.
For any questions about your appointment, please call 903-596-DOCS.
For information on COVID-19 prevention, symptoms and what to do if you’re feeling sick, please visit uthealtheasttexas.com/coronavirus or call 903-596-DOCS to schedule an appointment.