18 and older
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
*18 years and older
Clark Wilson, MD, is a board-certified urologist at UT Health East Texas Urology in Tyler. He provides expertise in prostate cancer treatment and is passionate about using the latest technology to provide the best possible care for his patients. He specializes in minimally invasive procedures, including robotic surgery.
“Urology is one of the most technologically advanced fields. It also gives me the opportunity to provide both medical and surgical care while establishing long-term relationships with my patients,” he said.
During his free time, Dr. Wilson enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.
American Board of Urology, Board-Certification
Fellowship: Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland
Residency: Urology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Internship: General Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Doctor of Medicine: The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Bachelor of Science: Biomedical Science, Texas A&M University, College Station
Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society
Certificate of Outstanding Academic Achievement in Gross Anatomy, Recipient
Prostate Cancer and Robotic Prostate Surgery Publications
• Pure Single-site Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy Using Single-port Versus Multiport Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: A Single-institution Comparative Study. Lenfant L, Aminsharifi A, Kim S, Wilson CA, Beksac AT, Schwen Z, Kaouk J. European Urology Focus 2021 Sep 1
• Single-Port Percutaneous Transvesical Simple Prostatectomy Using the SP Robotic System: Initial Clinical Experience. Kaouk J, Sawczyn G, Wilson C, Aminsharifi A, Fareed K, Garisto J, Lenfant L. Urology. 2020 Jul 1
• Single-Port Robotic Urological Surgery Using Purpose-Built Single-Port Surgical System: Single-Institutional Experience With the First 100 Cases. Kaouk J, Aminsharifi A, Sawczyn G, Kim S, Wilson CA, Fareed K. Urology. 2020 Mar 3
• Extraperitoneal versus Transperitoneal Single-Port Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: A Comparative Analysis of Perioperative Outcomes. Kaouk J, Aminsharifi A, Wilson CA et al. The Journal of Urology. 2020 Jun 1
• The evolution and resurgence of perineal prostatectomy in the robotic surgical era. Garisto J, Bertolo R, Wilson CA et al. World Journal of Urology 2020 Apr 1
• Outpatient Extraperitoneal Single-Port Robotic Radical Prostatectomy. Clark A. Wilson, Alireza Aminsharifi, Guiherme Sawczyn et al. Urology 2020 Jun 30
• Predictors Associated with a Prolonged Hospital Stay After Single-Port Extraperitoneal Robotic Radical Prostatectomy: A Comparative Analysis of Outpatient Versus Inpatient Care. Alrireza Aminsharifi, Clark A. Wilson, Guilherme Sawczyn et al. Journal of Endourology 2020 Oct 14
• Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy Using Single-port Perineal Approach: Technique and Single-surgeon Matched-paired Comparative Outcomes. Louis Lenfant, Juan Garisto, Guilherme Sawczyn, Clark A. Wilson, Alireza Aminsharifi,Soodong Kim, Zeyad Schwen, Riccardo Bertolo, Jihad Kaouk. European Urology. 2021 Mar 1
Kidney and Bladder Surgery Publications
• Initial Experience with Single-port Robotic-assisted Kidney Transplantation and Autotransplantation. Jihad H. Kaouk, Mhamed Eltemamy, Alireza Aminsharifi, Zeyad Schwen, Clark A. Wilson, Mahmoud Abou Zeinab, Juan Garisto, Louis Lenfant, Alvin Wee. European Urology 2021 Sep 1
• Single-Port Robot-Assisted Dismembered Pyeloplasty With Mini-Pfannensteil or Peri-Umbilical Access: Initial Experience in a Single Center. Louis Lenfant, Clark A. Wilson, Jihad Kaouk et al. Urology 2020 Jun 4.
• Single-Port Mini-Pfannensteil Robotic Pyeloplasty: Establishing a Non-Narcotic Pathway Along with A Same-Day Discharge Protocol.Alp Tuna Beksac, Clark A. Wilson, Louis Lenfant, et al. Urology 2021 Oct 25
• Fetal lower urinary tract obstruction: proposal for standardized multidisciplinary prenatal management based on disease severity. Ruano R, Sunanes N, Wilson C et al. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. October 2016.
• Intravesical Tumor Involvement of the Trigone Is Associated With Nodal Metastasis in Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy. Svatek RS, Clinton TN, Wilson CA et al. Urology. August 2014.