From May 9-15, the UT Health East Texas Olympic Centers are celebrating National Medical Fitness week, which promotes increased levels of physical activity. During that week, we want to challenge our community to take 70,000 steps.
How to Participate:
- Make sure to fill out the online registration form before or on May 8.
- On May 9 begin tracking your steps using a pedometer, fitness tracker or phone app. Aim for 10,000 steps per day. Each step you take, counts as one.
- The challenge ends on May 15.
- Make sure to register your total steps by midnight May 22. You can do this by logging into your online account here or calling your local Olympic Center.
Challenge Participants Receive:
- A free, one-week pass to their local Olympic Center.
- Waived enrollment for those who become members during May.
- Participants who reach the 70,000 steps goal are entered in a drawing for a chance to win a prize.
Contact your local Olympic Center or visit UTHealthEastTexas.com/services/fitness for more information.